NEWS FROM THE WHITE ROOM
4.04.2003
 
So, i had an exceedingly marginal day.
Here i ended up getting to work eight minutes late, which sucked.
Then Julie (Who was five ranks my senior in Kung Fu, ages ago, incedentally) teacehes me how to run the register.
This is on a friday morning, mind you.
Calamity.
i'm sure i've screwed up so many orders already...
i feel so incompetent, even thought i know that's unreasonable.
Then she transferred me over to Sanwich Bar, which was better, especially because Phil, who was 'showing me the ropes' is a really good teacher; patient guy, totally friendly, never criticizes except constructively; he's a refreshing break from the rest of the crew, who are constantly bashing each other (and now me too), albeit always in good fun, and totally not serious.
But it was really busy, and i don't know the abbreviations for taking orders that well.
That's okay, i suppose; i'm still learning; it's only my second day actually working tomorrow after all.
Haha, and then there's the chore Adrian had me do because i was late, which was to clean these drains, which were disgusting to say the least, but i found some money doing it, and that was cool; especially because it totally voided Adrian out on the punishment.
Oh well, enough about all that stuff.
Regardless, i AM looking forward to working there for a while; it's a cool environment. And i think Ron's going to be there tomorrow, and he's totally cool.
Eep. Saw Chicago tonight with The Ladies.
It's pretty good, i suppose. The music is good, but we knew that already, and the dance was very good. the acting just didn't impress me. i don't think it warranted Best Picture, nor the other awards it received. It was good, but like, 7-8 out of 10 good, not excellent good. Then dinner, even though i wasn't hungry at all, which i hate. And to top it all off, my throat is sore and i had a headache all evening.
Oh!! Smurfie called me up tonight!!
i smile a lot!! i thought i wasn't going to get to talk to her until Monday, since i was working at 12:15, but she's all "i love my Liam, so i call him tonight!!"
Thank you Smurfie, you were my big Bright spot today!
Courtesy.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Read The writing on The Wall
Scrawl A message of your own
Dreambook